Onion is an ingredient that cannot be missing in the kitchen, as it is an indispensable condiment for all dishes. Today it is the third most harvested vegetable after tomato and potato, and is used all over the world.
It is worth remembering that onion is a vegetable that belongs to the extensive family of lilies, like garlic, with which it shares some properties. It is mainly composed of water, which makes it very light.
Carbohydrates are the most abundant nutrients and in terms of vitamins and minerals, has good doses of vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus, as well as a high percentage of trace elements chromium and small amounts of sulfur, bromine, cobalt, copper, magnesium, silicon and zinc, according to the magazine Body and mind.
In turn, there are numerous types of onion, but the most common in the West are the common onion, which is golden in color, the red or purple onion, and the white onion. Thanks to its varieties and components, this purifying food offers multiple health benefits. The aforementioned specialized magazine reveals some of them:
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases: Containing sulfur components, onion prevents platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, as well as high cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Control hypertension: Because it is high in potassium and low in sodium, onions are diuretic and help with edema and hypertension.
- It is a probiotic: Onion contains fructo-oligosaccharides, is a probiotic that stimulates the growth of bifidobacteria in the intestine and inhibits the development of pathogenic bacteria.
- Helps the digestive process: This food prevents intestinal fermentation, the presence of parasites and fungi and constipation. In addition, it relieves heavy digestion and flatulence with hypochlorhydria.
- It is anticancer: Several studies have shown that eating onions prevents cancer. Those who eat it regularly have a 40% lower risk of developing stomach cancer.
- It has antiseptic properties: Onion is effective against respiratory problems such as colds, bronchitis and asthma.
- Helps Control Diabetes: Containing chromium, which is part of the glucose tolerance factor, it stimulates the pancreas helping to reduce the blood sugar level of diabetics.
- Prevents diseases of the nervous system: Onions contain organosulfurized compounds, such as allium and allicin, which have been shown to be neuroprotective. Likewise, allyl-containing sulphides can activate stress response pathways.
In addition to these properties that only vegetables provide as such, Onion soup stimulates gastric activity and eliminates excess fluids, making it ideal for burning calories and losing weight.
The “fat burner soup”, as it is commonly called, also helps to improve the function of the liver and gallbladder, stimulates gastric activity and regulates blood sugar. It is important to remember that onion soup should not be consumed for more than seven consecutive days, as it can be contraindicated for health.
the Web site A How published the recipe for making onion soup that helps you lose weight quickly.
- 7 large onions
- 2 green peppers
- 3 stalks of ripe celery
- 6 tomatoes
- half cabbage
- Pepper and salt
- Initially, it is necessary to wash all the vegetables and cut them into small pieces, removing the seeds from the peppers. Next, add water in a saucepan to all the vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the water is boiled, the soup can be seasoned to taste. In case you don’t like solid pieces in a soup, you can take it out of the oven and leave it as a cream to make it easier to digest.