At the end of the year there are many traditions and omens that Colombians use. One of them is to put lentils in our pockets to attract abundance in the coming year.
Today we are going to use this food but to enjoy it in a delicious soup that your whole family will love.
Ingredients for marinating the ribs
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup sliced chorizo
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup potatoes, cut into chunks
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Chopped long onion
- Chopped Tomatoes
- cumin powder
- salt and pepper
You can also prepare: Recipe: Rib Sandwich with French Fries and Yoghurt Sauce
- The first thing we’re going to do is stew.
- In a saucepan add a good amount of oil.
- Fry them Onions, carrots, garlic and tomatoes.
- Mix the ingredients and cook over medium heat.
- to add something butter cubes to make frying easier.
- Cut the sausages Cut into pieces and add to the stew.
- add the salt, pepper and cumin.
- put cumin just a pinchas the smell is very strong.
- Soak the lentils in it 12 hours in advance and pitalas during one hour with new water.
- Add lentils and Cover the stew for 30 minutes.
- When there’s 20 minutes left add the diced potato.
- let it cook 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can accompany the preparation with a ripe bananawhich you can cut into cubes and serve in the soup.
You may be interested in: Recipe: Christmas sandwich