Photo: Matthias Lipinski / Pixabay
the season of constant weather changes has arrived and with that we can go from very hot to a windy afternoon and a on the same day cooler temperature over night.
We heard it ad nauseam: a high quality and balanced dietis the best shield against it diseases and infections. If you feel like you always get sick this time of year, the good news is that you will Habits that will be your best ally to take everything necessary precautions and thus prevent all kinds of diseases and infections. Without a doubt one of the infallible customs is the consumption of medicinal soups They are the dish that cannot be missing from our diet if we want strengthen defenses, stimulate the immune system and fill us with quality energy.
There are some infallible recommendations for surviving climate change and its health consequences. Corresponding dr Melissa Aquilo out of patient first It is important to focus on consuming very healthy foodWhat strengthening immunity and at the same time help to maintain them Optimal hydration in the body. That’s because Soups are the best alternativeas they are a good way to preserve the nutrients of many ingredients in a meal.
It is very important Prepare soups at home and completely abstain from the consumption of commercial variantssince they are processed foods, which are characterized by their high in sodium, high in preservatives and low in nutrients.
The benefits of legume and vegetable soup:
The basic ingredients for it Immune Stimulating Soup they are a nutritional treasure red lentils, chickpeas, garlic, medicinal herbs and lots of vegetablesIt’s delicious, soothing and filling. However, its greatest power lies in the nutritional and medicinal properties of each of the ingredients that make it up are the best allies for Prevent diseases and stimulate the immune system.
loaded with essential nutrients out of great medicinal value. Ginger and turmeric root must not be missing when it comes to strengthening the immune system, they take care of it Great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Garlic is also key, it excels deliver effects antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal. Last but not least Lenses are very strong and offer a high standard vegetable protein and fiberChickpeas are ideal because they a slow-absorbing carbohydrates.
Recipe for legumes-vegetable-spice soup:
The best ally for the immune system, makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 can of 15 oz. Chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 cup red lentils, raw and rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Step by step:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat through. Add the finely chopped onion and sauté for 5-8 minutes to slightly golden.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and ginger, cook for a few more minutes until fragrant. Continue with turmeric and paprika and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add to Lemon Juice, Sweet Potato, Chickpeas, Red Lentils and boil vegetable broth.
- When the soup is simmering, reduce the heat to low and Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add kale and continue cooking 2-3 minutes until kale is tender. Season with salt.
- enjoy very hotit is a good recommendation to consider a serving of soup daily for lunch or dinner. You will forget about any infection or disease.