Vegetable creams are always a good option in cold weather. Nothing is more rewarding for the body than warming up with a nice bowl of soup stuffed with vegetables. On this occasion we will prepare the vegetable cream with seasonal vegetables, specifically using those with green leaves or that their skin contains this pigment to benefit from all their vitamins, minerals and fibers.
To get an extra soft, creamy and extra flavored cream, a good option is to add a small portion of cheese, in my case I opted for portioned cheeses that give it a perfect touch. If we opt for a more aromatic cheese, it is advisable that the portion is even smaller so as not to mask the flavor of the vegetables, protagonists of the cream that we are going to make later.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- cooking time: 40 minutes
- total time: 50 minutes
- portions: 4, 1.5 liters
- Category: arriving
- type of cuisine: Spanish
- Calories per serving (kcal): 119
Ingredients of the vegetable cream for 4 people
- 1 medium potato
- 1 courgette
- 6 wild asparagus
- 1 leek
- 25 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g of spinach
- 1.2 liters of water
- 3 small cheeses in portions
- chopped walnuts (optional for garnish)
How to make vegetable cream
The first thing we need to do is chop the vegetables. Peel 1 potato and cut it into cubes; we wash 1 zucchini and cut it into cubes; we wash 6 wild asparagus, reserve the tips for serving and cut the trunk into slices; clean 1 leek discarding the green part and the roots, make a cross cut to wash it more easily and cut it into slices.
In a saucepan, add 25 ml of extra virgin olive oil and the chopped vegetables. Add a little salt, bring the pot to medium-high heat and sauté for 15 minutes.@Latoneira
Add 250 grams of spinach and continue to fry everything for another couple of minutes.@Latoneira
We add 1.2 liters of water, 3 cheeses in portions and continue cooking over medium heat for another 20 minutes.
With an immersion blender, blend the broth with the vegetables until you get a homogeneous cream without lumps. For a finer finish, we can pass the already crumbled vegetable cream through a colander or chinois.@Latoneira
As a presentation proposal we can serve the vegetable cream decorated with the yolks of grilled wild asparagus and some chopped walnuts.@Latoneira
Easy prep overview
- Peel and chop the potato; wash and chop the zucchini; wash the wild asparagus reserving the tips and cut the trunk into slices; clean the leek keeping the white part and cut it into slices
- Fry the vegetables for 15 minutes in a pan with olive oil and season to taste
- Add the spinach and continue to fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the water, the cheeses and continue cooking over medium heat for another 20 minutes
- Blend with a mixer until there are no lumps
- Serve garnished with the grilled wild asparagus yolks and chopped walnuts