The article has been verified for accuracy (content includes links to reputable media sites, academic research institutes and, occasionally, medical practices). All content on our website has been reviewed, however, if you believe our content is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise objectionable, you can Contact us to make the necessary corrections.
We show you the best recipes to use the leftover puree, obtaining an excellent organoleptic result.
There is a series of Leveraging recipes for leftover mashed potatoes this is good to know to avoid wasting food. They are fast and healthy alternatives that will satisfy everyone, while also getting a good nutritional intake. We’ll show you how to get the most out of it, though remember: the best mashed potatoes are homemade ones.
Before starting, It is important to remember that in order to be healthy, a diet must be varied and balanced. It is important to avoid deficiencies of essential nutrients, as otherwise the efficiency in the functioning of human physiology could be compromised.
Next, we will offer you a number of recipes for using leftover mashed potatoes. Take a pen and paper and write them down to always have them at hand.
1. Mashed potato dumplings
With this preparation you will get a significant amount of fiber. This substance has been shown to be essential for maintaining proper functioning in the intestine. It not only manages to reduce the incidence of constipation, but also manages to maintain the bacterial density of the microbiota, optimize digestive processes.
The necessary ingredients will be the following:
- Half a kilo of cooked reddish potatoes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of fresh white breadcrumbs
Step by step
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl.
- Combine the egg, salt and flour until the dough is smooth. It is not necessary to knead it a lot, as it will harden excessively.
- Bring a large pot with water and salt to the boil.
- At the same time, form a cylinder with the dough and cut it into small pieces.
- Cook each piece in the pot for 3-4 minutes.
- When the gnocchi are ready, put them in a colander.
- Prepare a sauce by putting the butter and breadcrumbs. When the bread is golden, you will have the sauce ready.
- Serve the potato gnocchi with the sauce.
2. Baked mashed potato flan
In this case, the recipe can provide a good amount of high biological value protein. These are necessary to avoid problems related to lean mass, As shown by research published in the journal Nutrition research.
Not only do they prevent tissue catabolism, but also improve recovery after physical exertion to prevent loss of strength.
For this recipe you will need the following products:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- One and a half cups of grated cheddar cheese
Step by step
- Butter a pan.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the celery and onion. It is important to stir frequently until the vegetables are tender.
- Then add the ham and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Add the soup, cup of milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly heat the mashed potatoes before mixing.
- At this point, combine the puree, eggs and milk together with the green onions and parsley in the pan, but remove from the heat.
- When the ingredients have been integrated, put the mixture in a pan together with the ham.
- Cover with grated cheese, sprinkle with a little pepper and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
3. Vegan mashed potato burgers
Finally, we present a preparation that stands out for the concentration of high quality pesticides, this time from beet. These substances neutralize the formation of free radicals and its subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues.
The above effect correlates with a lower risk of developing chronic and complex pathologies, according to a study published in European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
The products needed for this recipe are:
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 3-4 leaves of chard
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- A pinch of soy drink
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of Italian dressing
Step by step
- First, cook the chard in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Drain them well and mix them in a bowl with the mashed potatoes.
- At this point add the garlic, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Work the mixture by adding, if necessary, a little vegetable drink.
- Combine the flour with the Italian seasonings and heat the oil in a pan.
- Divide the dough into balls and form meatballs with your hands.
- Cover them with the flour and spices on both sides and fry for 3 minutes on each side.
Prepare recipes with leftover mashed potatoes
How could you verify, It is easy to use mashed potatoes to make other types of culinary preparations. This way you will avoid wasting an ingredient that can be very useful, as well as nutritious. Contains quality carbohydrates and a non-negligible portion of fiber.
You might be interested…