Couscous with lentils and zucchini is a recipe full of color and flavor that we must try at home. In addition to being delicious, it is very complete and nutritious thanks to its ingredients such as tomatoes and carrots. In fact, it’s a very quick and easy preparation, so it’s ideal for any occasion, especially when we’re short on time. We can cook it for lunch or dinner to enjoy alone or with others. The result will always stand out on the table. Cooked lentils are used in the recipe, logically you can use already cooked, canned or preserved lentils. But it’s always much better to cook them at home the easy way with some salted water, bay leaf and some greens.
Couscous is a food packed with health benefits. It is rich in fatty acids that benefit the cardiovascular system. It is low in fat and is considered a strong source of plant-based protein. It contains important minerals such as iron, which fights anemia, and calcium, which strengthens teeth and bones. In addition, it provides energy and improves digestion.
Lentils are notable for their iron and folic acid content, nutrients necessary for pregnant women. It contains antioxidant compounds that help lower blood pressure and prevent heart disease. They also lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. They regulate intestinal transit thanks to their fiber contribution.
How to prepare couscous with lentils and zucchini:
- We wash the zucchini very well, remove any debris you may have. Dice the ends and the rest. We have booked.
- Wash tomato and pepper, cut into small pieces.
- Peel the carrots and onion and cut into julienne strips.
- Heat a frying pan with two tablespoons of oil. olive oil and sauté whatever we just cut.
- Season with cumin and salt and pour in the vegetable stock, cook for about 20 minutes.
- After this time add the drained lentils and cook for a few more minutes.
- In another pan, toast the couscous with a tablespoon of oil. Pour in the same amount of broth as couscous and cover.
- After a few minutes we turn off the heat and let it steam a bit more.
- Arrange the roasted couscous on the plates and arrange the vegetables on top. We finished with the lentils and a little chopped parsley.
This delicious couscous recipe with lentils and zucchini is delicious. If you have never tried it, now is the time to do it. The combination of flavors that we find in this dish will surely delight you.