doT.Are the ripe tomatoes leftover? Take the opportunity to prepare the cold tomato soup, a 3 in 1 recipe: easy, cheap and healthy.
Tomatoes are low in calories (22 Kcal), very rich in water and healthy nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C or the antioxidant lycopene, which helps the immune system to protect yourself from the action of oxidative stress.
If you like to drink gazpacho in the summer, Do not miss this recipe without bread, and very refreshingAnd. In Digital Journalist we tell you step by step.
What vitamins do tomatoes provide?
The tomato is low in calories (22 per 100 gram serving), is a food rich in water, 94% and a good supply of vitamins. For example vitamin A, (82.3 micrograms), a fundamental vitamin for the good condition of the skin and mucous membranes.
It also has Vitamin C, an effective antioxidant, (26.6 mg) and group vitamins B, necessary for the proper functioning of the nervous system and metabolism.
- Calories, (22Kcal)
- Protein, (1g)
- Carbohydrates (3.5 g)
- Fat, (0.1 g)
- Calcium, (11mg)
- Iron, (0.6 mg)
- Iodine, (7ug)
- Potassium, (290 mg)
- Vitamin A (82.3 micrograms / ug)
- Vitamin B1, (0.06 mg)
- Vitamin B2, (0.04 mg)
- Vitamin B9 (28ug)
- Vitamin C, (26mg)
- Magnesium, (10 mg)
- Iron, (4.5 mg)
- Phosphorus, (17.2 mg)
- Sodium, (3 mg)
- Zinc (0.4 mg)
Tomatoes are sources of antioxidants
Como vitamin A, vitamin C and lycopene.
The human body oxidizes daily through breathing, free radicals are produced every day, antioxidants help our immune systeml Damage caused by free radicals.
Radicals are molecules to which they are missing an electron they are unstable and always try to steal electrons from other molecules around them. If they succeed, they create another free radical leaving another molecule without an electron.ay a chain effect is generated.
This chain accelerates aging and increases the risk of degenerative diseases.
Here come the antioxidants which are molecules that can donate an electron to free radicals, without becoming unstable. They make free radicals stabilized and therefore less reactive.
Free radicals can form in the skin for a variety of reasons, but the most common It is due to sun exposure what causes in a 90% of the signs of premature aging.
When did the tomato arrive in Spain?
The tomato was already known from the Aztec civilization (1325-1521). Formed by nomadic tribes who settled in the Chapultepec area, From there they went to Tenochtitlan, which became the most important city in the empire.
The Spanish conquistadors brought the tomato to Spain, along with other products such as cocoa, potatoes or Pepper. In which Spanish city he arrived is unclear. There are several hypotheses, one of which indicates Seville as the first port where tomatoes arrived, as claimed by the historian Carlos Azcoytia.
Another hypothesis holds that the tomato reached the Canary Islands. A third theory holds that his entry could have been through the port of La Coruña, as a gift from Hernán Cortés, Emperor Charles I of Spain and V of Germany.
The tomato plant was not used for food, but for ornamental purposes. In fact, its fruit was thought to be poisonousThroughout the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries caution was still exercised on its consumption.
Surely with such amazing fruits at one point it was eaten by animals, or it was taken in times of great need, and they realized that not only was it not poisonous, but it was delicious.
cold tomato soup recipe
- Ripe tomatoes – 1 kg
- Vegetable broth – 1.5 liters
- Fresh chives – 1 unit
- Clove of garlic – 1 unit
- Extra virgin olive oil – 60 ml
- White wine – 200 ml
- Lemon juice – that of ½ lemon
- Chopped parsley – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – to taste
This soup is prepared overnight or several hours in advance to give it time to cool down.
- Put the water to boil in a saucepan. With a knife make a cross cut in each tomato.
- When the water boils, add the tomatoes. We leave them for about 30 seconds, then remove them from the pot. Let it rest, now it will be easier for us to remove the skin.
- Cut the onion into fine pieces e coarsely chopped garlic to prevent burning.
- In a pan pour the oil, when it is hot add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion softens.
- While the onion is cooking, peel and slice the ripe tomatoes.
- Add to the sauce, season with salt and pepper. Leave the tomatoes to cook for 25 minutes.
- After the cooking time with an immersion blender, blend these ingredients. Pass the result through a Chinese type strainer, (for a finer result)
- In another container we will have the vegetable broth and white wine. Add the tomato sauce that we went through the Chinese.
- Heat over high heat for 12 minutes.
- Turn off and let it cool as soon as possible in the fridge for at least two hours.
- It is served by adding a little lemon juice and chopped parsley.
You may also like
Andalusian gazpacho without bread step by step
Did you like the cold tomato soup? On Facebook you have multiple recipes to choose from.