The article has been verified for accuracy (content includes links to reputable media sites, academic research institutes and, occasionally, medical practices). All content on our website has been reviewed, however, if you believe our content is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise objectionable, you can Contact us to make the necessary corrections.
The cheese, broccoli and potato soup tastes delicious. This creamy recipe is a great option for incorporating vegetables into your diet.
Have you ever tried the broccoli and cheese potato soup? While it doesn’t have a reputation as well-known as other soups, it’s a great option to consume on cool days.
For this reason we offer you a recipe that you can make at home without major complications. Ready? Here we are!
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
Specific, vegetable soups are a classic and simple way to consume vegetables. Of course, depending on the ingredients added, these dishes may or may not be healthy.
Plus, this way you can incorporate vegetables that aren’t usually people’s favorites, like cabbage. Fortunately, the cheese, broccoli and potato soup is one of the recipes where the flavor goes unnoticed.
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 30 grams of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of liquid milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams of custard
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
Step by step
- The first step in making this recipe is cleaning and preparing the vegetables. Wash the broccoli, potato, carrot and onion. Remove the peel with a knife or potato peeler, then cut into cubes of the same size.
- Then put all the vegetables, except the broccoli, in a large pot and cover them with plenty of hot water. Bring on the stove to cook for 15 minutes. Cook until the potato is soft and the onion is transparent.
- After this time, add the vegetable broth and cover again. Cook over low heat. Stir occasionally and add more broth if you notice that it evaporates more than necessary.
- Now it’s time to add the broccoli. Do this and cook another 5 minutes. Do not stop stirring or check the amount of liquid.
- After this time, turn off the heat and let the preparation cool down to room temperature. Put the contents of the pot in a hand blender or food processor.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into cubes or pass it through a grater so that it is in wedges. Add the pepper, a pinch of salt (consider that the cheese is already high in sodium), the milk, the cheddar and the cream cheese.
- Turn on the appliance and wait for the whole mixture to become homogeneous. Once done, return the contents to the pot and reheat.
- As it warms up, peel and cut the garlic clove in two. Finely chop the celery stalk. Then add this to the pot as well.
- On the other hand, mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with a stream of water. Keep in mind that it must be at room temperature so that no lumps form. Reserve a few minutes.
- So, put the cream in the pot and season with nutmeg. Start mixing and add the dissolved cornstarch. When you do this, it is important not to stop stirring, as the latter ingredient will cause the soup to thicken.
- Test the taste and if you feel it is necessary, you can add more salt and pepper.
- Once the food has the desired flavor and creamy texture, the broccoli potato and cheese soup is ready to eat.
- Finally, all that remains is to serve in a deep dish and add the grated cheese. You can enjoy this delicious food Accompany with homemade bread or toast.
Try this delicious cheese, broccoli and potato soup
Nutrition professionals recommend consuming one serving of raw vegetables and one serving of cooked vegetables daily (400 grams per day).
Therefore, organizations such as the Spanish Heart Foundation point out that vegetable-based soups and broths help with weight loss controlling diseases such as fatty liver, high cholesterol and diabetesamong other metabolic pathologies.
It all depends on how they are made. In this sense it can be said that the cheese, broccoli and potato soup has custard and cheese Cheddar, foods with fat and high sodium content. Which makes it not advisable for people with high blood pressure, triglycerides and high cholesterol.
Of course there are variations that can be done. You can add other vegetables, in addition to those mentioned. Pumpkin, sweet potato, and cauliflower are some examples.
One point to consider is that custard, and cream cheese CheddarIn addition to giving flavor and texture, they provide saturated fats. For this reason, the recipe may be heavy and cause some indigestion. This is an aspect that differentiates it from other light soups.
However, go ahead and prepare it and remember that it is one of the many options you can do. It tastes like you won’t regret trying.
You might be interested…