Preparation time – 1 hour
Servings – 4
- 2 kg of tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 4 dried tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary and thyme
- Salt and pepper
For the batter
At the presentation
- 100 g of stale bread
- 1 dried red pepper or dehydrated tomato
- 1 egg
- 1 burrata
- Fry oil
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the tomatoes well and cut the pod if it has one.
2. In a pan, add the diced tomatoes, the garlic head cut in half, the purple onions, rosemary and thyme, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Bake at 350 ° C -180 ° C for 25 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the roasted vegetables. Remove the rosemary branches.
5. Add the vegetable broth, dried tomatoes, basil leaves, salt and pepper.
6. Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat. Grind well until you have a very fine soup.
7. Crush the stale bread together with the pepper, parsley and a pinch of salt.
8. Cover the burrata in the beaten egg and bread with the previous preparation. Fry in very hot oil.
9. Serve the caprese soup and accompany it with the creamy burrata batter. –