The cold season is approaching and more than ever it is necessary to feed our repertoire of homemade soups to acclimate a little. Many times we fall into the same styles of soups or those we buy in supermarkets, but with this recipe you can enjoy a totally homemade one.
With this recipe Soup from onion You will be able to prepare an exquisite hot dish in simple steps to accompany in the coldest period of the year. This Soup It is ideal both as an appetizer and to eat as a single dish.
2 units of onion yellow
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 liter of broth (chicken, meat or vegetables)
Required amount of salt and pepper
Required quantity of your favorite cheese
- Julienne the onions and set aside.
- In a saucepan with a capacity of at least one and a half liters, put the olive oil with the butter and heat over medium heat on the stove. Add the onions with a pinch of salt to prevent them from browning. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to caramelize.
- When the onions have taken on a light brown color, add a liter of hot broth (chicken, beef or vegetable), along with ground black pepper to taste. Turn the heat up to high until it reaches a boil, then turn it down to low.
- Cook over low heat, with the half-covered pot, for 30 minutes. Try the Soup and, if you want the flavor to be more intense, boil it for a few more minutes so that it continues to reduce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish with your favorite cheese and, if you like, a few sprigs of thyme.
Type 1: goat cheeses are very good in this recipe.
Tip 2: A slice of toast is a great crowning achievement for this Soup.
If you have any questions or want to give recipe suggestions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply as soon as possible.